- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions (scallions)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme or oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 11/2 pounds white mushrooms, sliced (about 9 cups)
- 1 can (141/2 ounces) ready-to-serve chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine or water
- 11/2 cups lowfat milk
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add carrots, onions, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper; cook, stirring often, until onions just begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, broth, and wine; bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, remove 1 cup of the vegetables; set aside. In a blender or food processor, place half of remaining soup from the saucepan; puree until smooth; remove to a bowl; repeat with remaining mixture; return entire pureed mixture to saucepan; stir in milk and reserved vegetables. Simmer just until heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with thinly sliced green onion.
About the Author
I've been in business since 2002. I specialize In Epson Large Format Pro Graphics Inkjet Printer Repair. Hello, world. I'm a Factory Trained printer repair tech. I own and operate an Authorized repair shop Laguna Service Inc. People say I can fix anything. "I've been working online for many years. I'm a Digital marketer, Niche Blog Creator. On my Author Blog http://joecettina.com there is a list of Niche Blogs and Customer Blogs that I Created. When I'm not working my favorite pastime is Making and Drinking Beer. I brew about 25 gallons at a time which could be an IPA or Barley Wine or a Strong Ale. I built a Fermenting room to brew Larger and pilsners Style Beers. The Brewing Process takes 8 hours to make and about a couple of weeks or more to ferment and another 2-3 weeks to age and its ready to enjoy. There Is Nothing Like a Home Brew Beer Just The Way You Like It!!